Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Book Review: The Subtle Beauty


I just finished reading The Subtle Beauty by Ann Hunter. It was part of a review process from Tomoson, but it was really good at sucking me in when I was reading it.

The book is a definitely a YA read. It is a quick read, but quite engaging. I like fairy tale fiction, so I enjoyed the subject matter and the world that was created. The characters were really engaging and easy to sympathize with. There were moments when I was heartbroken, annoyed, frustrated and in love.

I was, however, a little disappointing with the ending. Although the resolution was satisfying, it came to quickly and seemed to lack a bit of development. This may have to do with the YA nature of the book, but it left a little to be desired. 

Overall, I would wholeheartedly recommend this book to friends or family.

No comments: